A step by step tutorial for clients on how to setup your email account in Microsoft Outlook 2010. This guide will help you setup your Business email in Microsoft Outlook 2010.
1. Click on File -> Account Settings
2. Click on New (Pop Up Box with Add new account appears)
3. Click on Manually configure server settings or additional server types
4. Choose Internet E-mail
5. Enter your information
- Enter your Company Name or Personal Name & Surname
- Enter your full email address ie. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select POP3 from the drop down list
- Enter the POP3 settings ie. mail.yourdomainname.co.za or mail.yourdomainname.com
- Outgoing Server settings ie. Same as your POP3 settings (If you are unable to send email using the outgoing server settings, then change your outgoing server to your ISP’s outgoing mail settings ie. dsl.telkomsa.net or smtp.mweb.co.za – If unsure, check with your ISP and also find out from them which port you must assign to the outgoing server)
- Enter full email address again
- Enter password
- Select Remember Password
- Click on More Settings
6. In More Settings Click on Outgoing Server Tab and Check My outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication
7. Click on the Advanced Tab in More Settings
- Incoming Server change to 995
- Check this Server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) change to 465
- Use the following encrypted connection – Select SSL from the drop down list
- Check – Leave a copy of messages on the server
- Then Click OK which will close the Internet Email Settings box.
- Click Next to test your settings and then click finish to end the setup.